We understand your frustrations. Trying to find a trusted small business that can deliver the quality services with small business dedication, flexibility, and price. And friendly people who excel at making the complex simple. Before starting Scout, we noticed many clients and companies looking to fulfill the same needs.
And that is why Scout was founded by friends and colleagues Ryan, Jason and Melanie. We are industry veterans who understand your needs and the mission you support.
Ryan, a Navy Veteran, joined forces with Jason, with a history of family military service, and Melanie, an environmental attorney and Marine Corps spouse.
At Scout we are your guides, to making complex issues simple, so you can win the day.
Scout's Core Values
We conduct our business with integrity. This means we do what’s right.
We are committed to excellence in all that we do so you know we're getting it done for you with quality.
We enjoy making the complex simple. We make your life easier, so you can have more fun.
Our Leadership Team
“Thank you for being so proactive and keeping current on issues related to our project. It is comforting to know that we are working with someone so committed to excellence.”
“[Scout] provided their draft [Environmental Assessment (EA)] ahead of schedule…to complete a quick EA within a couple months’ time-frame. Everything went fast and smooth with no issues.” --U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
“Contractor Staff consistently demonstrated a depth of subject matter background knowledge. Their attention to detail was reflected in the high quality and internal consistency of the project reports.”
-- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
“Extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. Vigilant concerning the client, the project and its process. Constantly ensures the customer is satisfied with the results at every phase of the project.”
-- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
“The contractors expert knowledge of the schedule and deliverable requirements allowed the Navy to expedite the overall NEPA schedule and finish this complex and demanding project on time.”
-- U.S. Department of the Navy
Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) (SBA-certified)
California Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
City of San Diego Emerging Local Business Enterprise (ELBE)
State of Washington Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
State of California Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
Current Government Contracts
- Air Force Installation Contracting Center, 772’d Enterprise Sourcing Squadron, Single Award Task Order Contract (SATOC) to provide Facility Condition Assessment Services at Air Force Installations in the Continental United States, Contract No. FA805123D0004, Awarded September 22, 2023, 5-year, $35,000,000 (Named Prime: Scout-Stantec JV)
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Fort Worth District, Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC) for Architect-Engineer (A-E) Services, Southwestern Division, Defense Logistics Agency Nationwide Clients of Engineering and Construction Support Office, Contract No. W518EA-23-D-0002, $35,000,000 (Named Prime: Scout-Cardno JV)
U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), Contract No. 47QRAA21D009A, Multiple Award Schedule - Special Item Number (SIN) 541620 Environmental Consulting Services (Named Prime: Scout Environmental)
- USACE Sacramento District, Environmental and Cultural Resources Services within the South Pacific Division, Contract No. W9123822D0018, Small Business Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) (Named Prime: Scout-Cardno JV)
- U.S. Army Environmental Command Environmental Compliance Conservation Services (ECCS), Contract No. W9124J-20-D-0012, Small Business IDIQ (Named Prime: Scout-Cardno JV)
- Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command Southwest (NAVFAC SW), Contract No. N62473-19-D-2804, IDIQ Environmental Contract to Perform National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Other Environmental Planning Services for U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Projects (Named Subcontractor to Adanta, Inc.)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Contract No. 36C26222D0029, 5-Year IDIQ NHPA Section 106 Consultation Services for VA Long Beach Healthcare System (Named Prime: Scout Environmental)
U.S. Coast Guard, Contract No. 70Z05019DBBECPI02, IDIQ Nationwide Environmental Contract to Perform NEPA & Environmental Compliance Support Services (Named Subcontractor to BB&E)
- USACE Mobile District, Contract No. W91278-20-D-0044, Indefinite Delivery Contract (IDC) for Architect and Engineer (AE) Services to Support Planning and Environmental Division for Military, Civil Works, and Support to Others (Named Subcontractor to Cardno GS, Inc.)
- USACE Tulsa District, Contract No. W912BV-20-R-0066, IDC for Environmental Consulting Services for Projects within the Geographic Boundaries of the Southwestern Division (SWD) and Projects Assigned to the Southwestern Division (Named Subcontractor to Chloeta Fire, LLC)
- U.S. Navy, Contract No. N00178-18-R-7000, ID/IQ Multiple Award Contract, SeaPort Next Generation (SeaPort-Nxg)
- City, County, and Port of San Diego 2021 Consultant Rotation List