If you are looking to be part of something new and exciting – a company that values you as an individual – and enjoy making the complex simple, then Scout Environmental is the place for you! We have created an exciting and flexible work environment with a professional, positive vibe. Scout Environmental is committed to sustaining a balance between our personal and professional lives, which encourages our team – and our business – to thrive.
We are all about doing rewarding and meaningful work with people you like to work with. Come be a part of something distinctive and apply to join Scout Environmental today!
Contact us at email@example.com
Facility Condition Assessors/Inspector
Scout Environmental, Inc. (Scout) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in northern San Diego County (Encinitas, CA) focused on providing facility condition assessment services and environmental planning, compliance, and engineering services to the Department of Defense (DoD) throughout the United States. Scout is seeking Facility Condition Assessors/Inspectors to support this emerging service area. The position will likely require up to 70% or more of travel. Initially, most of the travel will be in the southwest (CA and AZ), but can be nationwide and potentially international. Travel per diem will be provided and all travel expenses will be reimbursed. Travel-related mileage and associated other benefits (e.g., hotel reward points) earned will be the employees to keep. The specific terms of employment (full time/part time, benefits, salary) to be determined commensurate with applicant’s experience/background and specific project needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct an inventory of client facilities properly classifying building components in accordance with ASTM UNIFORMAT II.
- Perform assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition and conformance with specifications and building codes.
- Experience using facility condition assessment software. Knowledge of BUILDER™ web-based Sustainment Management System (SMS) software application developed by the US Army Corps of Engineers Engineer Research and Development Center’s Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) is highly desirable; however, Scout will train good candidates in the use of this software.
- Use of computer tablets with built-in cameras (e.g., MS Surface Pro) to document building system conditions (mechanical or electrical systems and subcomponents; architectural finishes, etc.) encountered during assessments and providing justification for determination of the physical condition.
- Work under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and standard practices.
- Physical ability to inspect large complexes at fast pace (assessors typically walk up to 5 miles per day) and the employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 40 pounds.
- 5+ years’ experience in conducting facility condition assessments or formal trade school education in plumbing, roofing, mechanical systems.
- Ability to travel, up to 70% or more (primarily throughout the United States, but potentially overseas).
- Valid U.S. passport or ability to quickly get one.
- Good technical writing skills required.
- Good mathematical aptitude required.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications, and inspection instructions.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Other Qualifications (NOT REQUIRED):
- Degree/certification in architecture, engineering, construction management, or other applicable field
- International Code Council (ICC) certification
- ASHRAE Level I and Level II energy auditor
- Professional engineering registration
- Military veterans with equivalent military experience are encouraged to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter attention to Roxanne Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“When I started my career more than 25 years ago, I was hired by a new company. The owners provided me with unimaginable opportunities to grow and develop. One of my great motivations for starting Scout Environmental is to provide similar opportunities to new hires who I know will rise to the challenge and be successful.”