Jennifer (Jen) is a seasoned financial executive with nearly 40 years of experience. She has spent her last 5 years serving as the CFO for Scout. Prior to that she spent 9 years as the Controller/CFO of an international environmental consulting business with offices in 45 states and 3 countries. Jen creates strong team environments where collaboration with all staff, establishes useful and effective policies and procedures which are GAAP, FAR and tax compliant adding efficiency, better performance and increasing profitability. For Scout, Jen has:
- Worked with ownership to provide custom support and reporting to better manage projects and increase company efficiency and profitability.
- Implemented continuous process and system improvements reducing the administrative burdens of project managers which increase revenue and lower costs.
- Utilized data management and mining skills to build customized reporting creating better management tools.
- Built efficient processes for month end closing entries.
- Designed project management tools for accurate costing at proposal which is used for project management from cradle to grave.
- Developed & maintained indirect cost rate pools.
Jen has been actively involved in supporting all business aspects and service lines, has mentored Scout staff, and has introduced numerous software systems and processes, which have streamlined Scout’s overall management. She creates a collaborative environment and is instrumental in strategic planning and roll out of all administrative changes.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE