Raise your hand if you love going to conferences! Here are some of our recommended eats in Dallas (you had me at food trucks) for those attending the annual Federal Small Business Conference.
Several of us at Scout Environmental (Ryan, Paul, Rick, and myself) will be joining about 3,000 others at the upcoming Society of American Military Engineer’s (SAME) Federal Small Business Conference November 20 – 22, 2019.
Here’s a snippet of what to expect and our recommended eats, food trucks, and things to do!
About the Conference
The Federal Small Business Conference is the premiere annual small business conference hosted by the Society of American Military Engineers connecting small businesses directly with federal government decision makers, contracting officers, and other small and large business leaders. The conference hosts numerous business opportunity and education sessions, roundtable networking sessions with federal government representatives, as well as features keynote speakers ranging from the Assistant Secretary of The Navy for Energy, Installations & Environment (the Honorable Lucian Niemeyer) to the Associate Administrator, Office of Contracting & Business Development, U.S. Small Business Administration (Robb Wong). Click here for more info: https://www.samesbc.org/Keynote.cfm
Where We’ll Be
Scout Environmental will be located at Booth #403. Come visit us to say hi and learn about how we can help you with small business teaming and about our core federal environmental planning and compliance services.
Where to Eat?
There is no shortage of great restaurants close to the Convention Center!
- A 5-minute walk from the convention center are the Restaurants on Lamar. You can enjoy a wide variety of cuisine from a traditional Texas steak house to pizza to Japanese and Korean fare, all of which feature patio dining. Visit this link to learn more: https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/dallas/dining/restaurants-on-lamar
- Craving some Texas BBQ? Take a quick trip to Off the Bone Barbeque, a 5-minute cab ride from the convention center. For a peek at their mouthwatering offerings their menu can be viewed here: https://offthebonebarbeque.com/menu.html
- In need of some outdoor space after a day in the convention center? Klyde Warren Park offers a refreshing 5.2 acres of green in the city center. If you decide to visit, take advantage of the wide range of food truck offerings! To see what trucks are parked during your stay visit their webpage here: https://www.klydewarrenpark.org/things-to-do/dining.html I’ve got my eye on the Taste of Cuba!
What to do in Dallas?
Thinking of making the most of your spare time while visiting Downtown Dallas?
- A must-see is the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza which chronicles the assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. November 22, 2019 will mark the 56th anniversary of that fateful day. For more information and to buy tickets visit their webpage: https://www.jfk.org/
- In addition, there are many other things to do! Visit this link for more ideas: https://www.visitdallas.com/things-to-do/dallas-neighborhoods/central-dallas/downtown.html
Looking forward to seeing those of you who will be attending the conference! Please contact us if we can help with any questions or if you’re interested in scheduling a meeting while there, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Scout’s social media sites below for updates while we’re at the conference.