Are y’all ready for a boot-scootin’ good time? Scout is headed to Nashville, Tennessee for the Society of American Military Engineer’s (SAME) Small Business Conference (SBC), held this year at the Music City Center on November 2-4, 2022. Ryan, Melanie, Ray, Rick, and I will be joining about 5,000 others to not only learn all there is to learn at the SBC, and, as a bonus, to also take in all the sights, sounds, food and drink Nashville has to offer!
Here’s a snippet of what to expect plus our recommended eats and entertainment to explore after you finish your day of networking.
About the Conference
The Federal Small Business Conference is the premiere annual small business conference hosted by SAME, connecting small businesses directly with federal government decision makers, contracting officers, and other small and large business leaders. The conference hosts numerous business opportunity and education sessions, roundtable networking sessions with federal government representatives, as well as features keynote speakers ranging from the director, Office of Small Business Programs, DOD (Mr. Farooq Mitha) to the deputy assistant secretary of defense for construction, Office of the Secretary of Defense (Mr. Michael McAndres). Click here for more info: Home | SAME Small Business Conference (SBC) (samesbc.org)
Where We’ll Be
Scout Environmental will be located at Booth #905. Come visit us to say hi and learn about how we can help you with small business teaming and about our core federal environmental planning and compliance services.
Where to eat and drink?
From honky-tonks to upscale steak houses, Nashville has it all. Following are a few standouts, but there are many, many more to explore!
Do you have a favorite country music artist? Chances are they have a restaurant in Nashville. Following are some spots owned by celebrities that y’all fans may want to visit:
- Florida Georgia Line: THIS IS HOW WE EAT – FGL House
- Jason Aldeen: Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar – Nashville’s Best My Kinda Party (jasonaldeansnashville.com)
- Dierks Bentley: Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row | Nashville Nightclub & Restaurant (dierkswhiskeyrow.com)
- Blake Shelton: Ole Red Nashville
- Miranda Lambert: TEX-MEX + CANTINA – Miranda Lambert’s Casa Rosa Nashville
- Luke Bryan: Home – LUKE’S 32 BRIDGE Food + Drink (lukes32bridge.com)
- Alan Jackson: AJ’s Good Time Bar (ajsgoodtimebar.com)
- Kid Rock: Home Page | Kid Rock’s Big Honky Tonk & Steakhouse (kidrockshonkytonkandsteakhouse.com)
- Jimmy Buffett: Margaritaville Nashville Restaurant | Nashville, TN | Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville+
- Gavin Degraw: Nashville Underground (nashunderground.com)
- John Rich: Redneck Riviera | Nashville, TN | Live Music : Cold Beer : Good Times (redneckrivieranashville.com)
Honky-Tonks and Dive Bars
According to Merriam Webster, a honky-tonk is defined as: 1: a usually tawdry nightclub or dance hall especially one that features country music; 2: a district marked by places of cheap entertainment; 3: country music that has a heavy beat and lyrics dealing usually with vice or misfortune. There is no shortage of all three in Nashville! Head to Lower Broadway, aka Honky-Tonk Highway, to visit these iconic locations:
- Tootsies Orchid Lounge: Tootsies – Honky Tonky Orchid Lounge In Nashville
- The Second Fiddle: Home: The second fiddle
- Honky Tonk Central: Nashville Bars Lower Broadway – World Famous Honky Tonk Central
- Layla’s Honky Tonk: Layla’s Honky Tonk (laylasnashville.com)
Nashville’s upscale dining scene is vibrant, imaginative and varied. See below for some of our picks for a special night out:
- Etch: Home | Etch Restaurant
- House of Cards: House of Cards | Nashville (hocnashville.com)
- 5th and Taylor: 5th & Taylor (5thandtaylor.com)
- Rolf and Daughters: Rolf And Daughters
- The Standard at the Smith House: The Standard at the Smith House Restaurant – Nashville, TN | OpenTable
What to do in Nashville?
While eating and drinking might top the list, Nashville offers many other educational, cultural and musical experiences. Below are some of the things to do that we have our eye on:
- Nightlife and Live Music: Close to Broadway is Printers Alley, a National Register Historic District. You may want to head to Music Row in Midtown. Other happening districts include the Gulch and 12 South.
- Grand Ole Opry: Billed as the Home of Country Music, catch a show at this legendary venue! Country Music’s Biggest Stage | Opry
- Street Art/Murals: Nashville has some of the most iconic Instagram photo spots in their prolific street art scene. Wander over to 12 South to take a tour of all the most famous spots either by foot – or by golf cart to get the most in with your time! I Believe In Nashville
- Country Music Hall of Fame: Welcome to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum – Top Nashville Attractions
- Johnny Cash Museum: Johnny Cash Museum | Nashville, TN
- Hermitage, Home of Andrew Jackson 7th President of the United States: Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage | Visit in Nashville, TN (thehermitage.com)
- Shopping: After you’re finished taking all the Instagram pictures stay on 12 South for some excellent shopping in local boutiques. If that isn’t enough head to the Gulch for more boutiques and big-name brands alike. If you are a shopaholic, you can hit both locations in one day!
Looking forward to seeing those of you who will be attending the conference! Please contact us if we can help with any questions or if interested in scheduling a meeting while there, e-mail us at email@example.com.