Scout Environmental’s team has more than 30 years’ experience leading compliance-related projects for U.S. military clients and conducting third party Environmental Management System (EMS) audits for all branches of the U.S. Department of Defense throughout the U.S. and overseas.
Environmental Compliance Audits
Environmental compliance audits are an effective way of evaluating an organization’s environmental performance management practices against legal and other requirements. Scout offers experienced staff with decades of experience implementing comprehensive and site-specific audits.
Scout can benchmark your existing programs against U.S. federal, state, and local regulations and other management system standards, as well as conduct a third-party audit of your environmental compliance posture.
These findings can be used to prioritize actions necessary to ensure compliance with U.S. regulations as well as those that will improve the overall organization. The goal is to minimize risk of regulatory enforcement and to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
Other Compliance Services
U.S. Federal agencies, as well as private industries, must comply with all Federal, state, tribal, and local regulations. As such, agencies and organizations are expected to develop sound environmental programs that will not only ensure long-term compliance, but will also act proactively and set goals for pollution prevention and waste minimization. Environmental laws such as the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) have increased the workload associated with environmental programs.
Scout professionals can help clarify requirements by providing comprehensive consulting services in the following areas:
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permitting - Individual, General, Stormwater, MS4
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans
- Hazardous Waste Management and/or Contingency Plans
- Environmental Training Solutions – Hazardous Waste/Hazardous Materials Management, Stormwater, SPCC Plan, Air Emissions, Solid Waste Management, Natural/Cultural Resources Management, Tank Management
- Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) Development
- Beneficial Reuse and Recycling Studies
- Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessments
Scout Environmental project managers have extensive experience conducting multi-media environmental compliance audits. Our lead compliance auditor has performed more than 75 audits of U.S. Department of Defense facilities throughout the U.S., Europe, and Far East. Our team is intimately familiar with the content and application of the Federal TEAM Guide and state/local supplements, the Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document, and where developed, host nation Final Governing Standards.